If you've already installed VoIP Detective but don't see any call records showing up inside of VoIP Detective, rhere are a couple of things that we should verify:
- VoIP Detective free only processes files once every hour (PRO processes every minute), so we should give it 120 minutes or so just to be on the safe side. After that time you should pull the "Admin Call Search" without any filters - just press the search button and it will look for any calls that day.
- Assuming two hours have passed, Let's now verify that VoIP Detective was able to successfully register it's license. Inside the web interface of VoIP Detective, go to Administration -> Licensing and click on "validate license". If not successful, feel free to open a ticket and we can work through the licensing issue.
- Next, we should verify that call manager is set to "continuously load cdrs". Sometimes I see that clusters are set to send files every hour, or even every day. Take a look at step 3 in this guide - https://voipdetective.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/48000618409
- Next, lets use an sftp client and connect to VoIP Detective. This will allow us to look at VoIP Detective directly and see if files are reaching it from Call Manager. I like the Filezilla client - https://filezilla-project.org/download.php however any SFTP client should work (please note this is an SFTP client, not an FTP client). Connect to the IP of VoIP Detective, the username of voipdetective, and the password voip (same credentials that we gave CUCM when setting up the billing server), and finally port 22. Once connected you'll see several folders, including /incoming (where CUCM should be dumping new CDRs), and /processed (where processed CDRs go for the next 24 hours). Check and see if there is anything in either of these folders.
- Now, let's take a look in the logs. Go to Administration -> Logs. Look at the logs for any error message that may be occurring. Here are some common ones:
- "No route to host" - please look at this guide: https://voipdetective.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/48001063403
If CDRs never show up in those folders, this normally means that there is something preventing CUCM from sending files - it could be network, firewall, or an improperly setup billing server.
If CDRs are showing up in the incoming folder, but not showing inside of VoIP Detective, please open a trouble ticket.