Users are broken into three categories:
- Employees - Can only pull reports on one extension (the one assigned to them)
- Managers - Can pull reports on themselves and any extension assigned to them.
- Administrators - Can administer the system and pull reports on everything.
When a person registers for an account, they are made an Employee by default. At that point, an administrator can promote them to a manager, or to an administrator.
Creating a manager
- Have the manager register for an account from the main page of VoIP Detective if they have not already. Alternatively, an administrator can manually create their account under Administration -> User Management.
- As an administrator, go to the Administration -> User Management section of VoIP Detective
- Under the "Employees" heading you will see a drop down with the label "Promote user to Manager". Select your manager's account from this drop-down and press go.
Assigning extensions to a manager
- Sign in as Administrator
- Go to Administration -> User Management
- Scroll down to "Assign a Manager to a user:"
- Select the manager you'd like to assign users to from the drop-down menu
- Type the extension you would like that manager to pull reports on in the "employee extension" field and press go (for multiple users, just repeat this process.