Having problems licensing VoIP Detective? Don't worry, we can get this sorted out. Here are some common issues that come up:
- VoIP Detective requires an internet connection. If your organization does not allow direct communication with the internet, there are a few options available:
- Use a proxy server - VoIP Detective can use a proxy server on your network to reach the internet. This way you can filter what communication occurs.
- Open VoIP Detective only to specific websites. VoIP Detective only needs to communicate with the following websites:
- https:// www.voipdetective.com
- https:// license.voipdetective.com
- https:// update.voipdetective.com
- Site URL issues - If there is an issue with the Site URL entered during setup then activation can fail. Go to Administration -> Configuration and verify your Site URL uses the following format (if it is not, please proceed to the next step):
- http:// <ip address>
- http:// hostname.youcompany.com
- Changing the Site URL. Licensing is tied to the Site URL inside of your VoIP Detective configuration page. Changing this will break licensing, and sometimes prevent you from re-licensing. If you would like to change the site url (or have already), please do the following:
- Go to Administration -> Licensing and uninstall your license.
- Press uninstall a second time.
- You should now see the option to "purge license data". Press this button.
- Go to Administration -> Configuration and update the site url. Press "Go" to save the site url.
- Return to Administration -> Licensing and activate your license.
- There is a limit to the number of VoIP Detective installations each license can run. If there is a failure when deactivating a license, your key will not be freed for a new activation. In this case, please open a ticket.
When all else fails, please open a support ticket.