If you would like to manually import records from your computer into VoIP Detective follow this process:
- Using an SFTP client (my favorite is FileZilla) connect to VoIP Detective using the same credentials that Call Manager would use (username 'voipdetective' password 'voip' unless this has been changed).
- You will see a number of folders:
- /incoming - this is where you would upload CDR and CMR files that VoIP Detective should process
- /processed - VoIP Detective moves files here after they are processed. They stay here for 48 hours before deletion.
- /backup - automatic backups are stored here
- /restore - should you need to restore your VoIP Detective backup, it would be uploaded here.
- So, all you need to do is drop your files directly into the /incoming folder, and they will be processed by VoIP Detective (free processes once an hour, pro processes every minute).
A few notes:
- Historical data can be pulled from Cisco Call Manager using it's built in CAR system. This guide goes over the process : Manually exporting call information from CUCM
- When pulling data from CAR, please try and keep the filesize 50MB or smaller. VoIP Detective is not designed to import huge CDR files. This can be done by exporting records in smaller increments (i.e. one week at a time).
- Importing large CDR files into VoIP Detective can take some time (approximately one hour for a 50mb file). You can monitor this process on the Administration -> Logs page.