- To assign a static IP address console into the virtual machine (or use an SSH client if you prefer). Default credentials:
- username - cliadmin
- password - voip
- Console into the virtual machine (or use an SSH client if you prefer) and choose option 2 to change network settings.
- Choose Edit a connection
- Press the right arrow and choose edit
- Press the down arrow until IPv4 CONFIGURATION Automatic is highlighted. Press the enter key on the word Automatic
- Choose Manual and press enter
- Right arrow to the word Show and press enter
- Fill in the following fields address, gateway, DNS servers. They are all requried.
Please note that the ip address should be followed by the subnet in cidr notation. i.e. 10.0.0.1/24. Some common subnet mask -> cidr examples:
- 255.255.255.0 - /24
- 255.255.254.0 - /23
- 255.255.252.0 - /22
- 255.255.0.0 - /16
- 255.0.0.0 - /8
- Down arrow to the word OK and press enter
- Right arrow then down arrow to the word Back and press enter
- Choose "Set system hostname"
- Enter the hostname that you will use to access VoIP Detective. This should be in the format hostname.yourdomain.com.
- Down arrow to the word Quit and press enter
- From the main menu, reboot the system.
Assigning a static IP address Print
Modified on: Sat, 20 Jun, 2020 at 1:14 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.